Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Week 5: What's on my mind?

Ahh the age old question: What are you thinking? Most of the time I have a hard time answering this because I always have about a million things going on through my brain... and right now is no exception. The main thing I have on my mind right now is graduation... Even though I'm not graduating, it's been running through my mind over everything else. I am a senior right now and SHOULD be graduating, but I didn't really know what I wanted to do until about 2 months a go. So now I'm trying to get everything together as fast as I can so that I can be out of here within the next year and a half. I also don't want to rack up TOO many loans. It's extremely weird to me that I have been in the beautiful bubble of Athens for 4 years now (where does the time go?). It feels like only yesterday I was moving in to my dorm in the dirty south.
                                              


 Now as I look through pictures I see the same people that I graduated from high school with, in cap and gowns from their respective colleges. I have friends getting jobs in the real world and all I've been able to ask myself is, am I ready for that yet? and honestly the answer to that question is no. I have so many dreams and aspirations, and I feel like I have yet to achieve anything that I want to. I guess a lot of people's dreams are things that they can get a degree in. Mine however, is to be a successful musician which I did not want to go to college for. All I know right now is that after I graduate I want to move out to Nashville or Los Angeles to work in recording studios and eventually start a singing career. Imagine all the blank stares I get when I tell people that. I've even had someone ask me why I even went to college. If there's one thing I've learned from life in general it's not to let the doubters get you down. I was blessed with a gift and I intend to use it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment