Thursday, March 29, 2012

Who am I?

I'm not sure why i ALWAYS freeze up when I'm asked to write about myself because I normally have no problem talking about myself to other people, BUT here we go:


My name is Jenny Alu, I'm 21 years old. and I'm a senior at Ohio University. I pretty much came to college to focus on my backup plan because ultimately I want to pursue a singing career. Seems a little bit out of reach but if I don't try, I'll be mad at myself for the rest of my life. This past summer I had the amazing opportunity to sing in front of Randy Jackson, Steven Tyler, and Jennifer Lopez on American Idol. In order to do that, you have to get through 3 rounds of lower level judges.. I auditioned in Pittsburgh where about 18,000 people showed up to auditioned. Out of those 18,000 only 85 people got to see the judges and I was lucky enough to be one of them. Although I didn't make it, it was an experience of a lifetime. 
I auditioned for American Idol and all I got was this  dumb picture ;)
I am the oldest child of 4 and I love my family more than anything! I am a member of Alpha Xi Delta and a Server/ Bartender at The Pigskin. I am so interested in everything media. I love movies, music, TV shows and i LOVE watching sports (even though most of the teams I like constantly let me down). When I was a baby, I lived in Los Angeles and my parents worked in Hollywood. I have been around all types of media since the day I was born. My mom was a Stage Manager in Hollywood and my dad was a director/ producer in Hollywood. Most of my childhood years were spent on the set with my parents-- I even made some appearances on TV :)One day I hope to move to Nashville to work with bands/ in recording studios and help them with their social media and getting their names out there! 


Some of the Ladies in my Sorority 
Until about 3 weeks a go I can honestly say that I had no idea what I wanted to major in. I have always been interested in media, especially music, so I realized that a media major would be perfect for me. I run the social media sites for The Pigskin and in this class I am hoping that I can learn a lot more about social media! Social Media is such an amazing thing because it brings people together and helps you connect with people you never thought possible. For example, I will never forget the day Peyton Hillis responded to me on twitter. Social Media has become so present in our everyday lives and I think it's important for people to know how to use it right! I am very excited for this class :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome that you got that far into American Idol auditions! I would totally be happy with that picture as a memory. Very cool and kinda jealous!

    ReplyDelete